Air Duct Cleaning
It’s that time of year! Are you closing up your windows & cranking the heat up? Now would be the time to ensure good indoor air quality & have your air ducts cleaned!
In the simplest of terms, NADCA (The HVAC Inspection, Maintenance, and Restoration Association), notes that heating and cooling systems are the lungs of a home, taking air in and breathing it back out – also, if your air ducts look dirty, they probably are. NADCA also explains that in a typical six-room home, up to 40 pounds of dust is created every year through everyday living; and these contaminants are pulled into your HVAC system and recirculated up to seven times per day.
Things you can do to prepare you duct work for any season.
• Have your HVAC system inspected and cleaned by an air duct cleaning professional. Cleaning your air duct system removes the particulates and chemicals that are trapped in your ductwork, minimizing air duct dangers.
• Set your furnace fan to “ON” not “auto”. Doing this circulates evenly throughout the entire home. This also helps to prevent mold as mold likes stagnant not moving air.
• Use a vacuum with double-bagging, or a HEPA filter.
• Cut back on the carpeting and drapes. Consider tile and hardwood, and roll up shades instead.
• Take off your shoes right outside the door, before coming inside, or at least wipe them well on an outdoor mat.
Call AdvantaClean today at 877-800-2382 to schedule an air duct cleaning